Government spent Rs 1.32 billion on GST advertisements; print media got biggest share
- Ahead of its rollout, the Centre had gone for a media blitz to create awareness about the new tax regime.
- The government spent Rs 1.32 billion on advertisements for GST, an agency under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has said in reply to an RTI query.
- As per the Bureau of Outreach and Communication under the ministry, the “expenditure on GST advertisements through this bureau” on print media stood at Rs 1.26 billion.
- It, however, said there was “nil” expenditure for the same on electronic media.
- For outdoor media, the expenditure for GST advertisement stood at Rs 54 million the bureau said in its RTI response dated August 9, 2018.