Where to register for VAT?

You must register for VAT with HM Revenue and Customs ( HMRC ) if your business' VAT taxable turnover is more than £85,000. When you register, you'll be sent a VAT registration certificate. This confirms: your VAT number.
What you have mentioned in the query is correct and it is binding on all concerned,with respect to tax collection,assessment etc. Here the options open are :1)contacting the CT department through e-grahak section of their web site 2) going to consumers court 3)or filing a civil suit. For all these actions the stake should be considerably high.Here the builder will have a problem of accounting showing calculation about the vat liability
The registered office of our business is in Bangalore and we are into export of commodity. However we are receiving the commodity directly from the supplier to the warehouse in chennai and exporting it to other countries. The warehouse is rented out for a week period from the warehouse owners. In such scenario, do we have to do the VAT registration in Karnataka or the same has to be done in Chennai.